Adding Email Content
Adding content to display in the email consists mainly of dragging content blocks and dropping them inside the email canvas.
- Drag blocks to create content in your email
- Click Content to select existing content to add to your email. Use search to find saved content and drag the content directly from search
- Click Layouts to drag a grouping of blocks to the canvas
- When you begin to create content, you have the option to choose the default font size for the content box. You can change the font for all or part of the text in the content box when you are entering the text. Note that the fonts and sizes available in the text editor are the only ones that are web-safe, web-ready, and spam-safe
- To save a content block click on the content block you want to save
Click on “Save Block”; You may save the content block you are working on or the entire Layout that would include the content block you are updating along with any other content blocks within the Layout:
- Create New if this is the first time you’re saving the content block
- Update Existing if you have made changes to the content and you want to resave the content block with those new changes
- You don't have to save every block created. Once done with content, click Done Editing
Insert Links Into Email Content
- Highlight the text that you want to be formatted as a hyperlink.
- Click the links icon to open the Insert Link window.
From the Link To dropdown box, choose the type of hyperlink; then complete the fields accordingly.
- Website: Enter the URL of the web site, without the preceding http:// (which inserts automatically).
- Secure Website: If the web site address begins with https://, select this type and enter the URL (again, without the preceding https://).
- Email Address: Enter the full email address (the HTML code mailto: inserts automatically) and subject line of the email.
- Other: Enter a value that does not match the other types, such as a personalization string. For example, if you have an attribute that contains a URL, you can insert the personalization string to use the personalized URL for each subscriber.
- Keep the conversion tracking unchecked.
- Enter descriptive text in the Link Tooltip field. This text appears when a subscriber hovers over the text or image.
- Enter a descriptive name in the Tracking Alias field. When you view the tracking results, the tracking alias appears in the results. If no link name is specified, then what you entered in the Address field appears in the tracking results.