Setup Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
As an added layer of security, you will need to download the "Salesforce Authenticator" app available on the App Store or Google Play in order to login to Marketing Cloud. This brief video walks you through setting up your app and logging in for the first time (feel free to skip ahead to the 2:30 mark for the 1-minute set-up overview) or you can follow the steps below:
- Download and install the Salesforce Authenticator app for the type of mobile device you use.
- For iPhone, get the app from the App Store
- For Android devices, get the app from Google PlayOpen the Salesforce Authenticator app on your mobile device. If you're opening the app for the first time, you see a tour of the app's features. Take the tour, or go straight to adding your Marketing Cloud account to the app.
- In the app, tap Add an Account. This generates a unique two-word phrase.
- Login (as you normally would) to Marketing Cloud. You will be prompted to connect Salesforce Authenticator to your Marketinc Cloud account as you log in
- In your window, enter the phrase in the Two-Word Phrase field.
- Click Connect.
- In the Salesforce Authenticator app on your mobile device, you see details about the account you're connecting. To complete the account connection, tap Connect in the app.
Once you have connected your account, your app will prompt you with a push notification each time a login is attempted for your user account. You can approve/deny login attempts with a single click and even connect logins for other services and platforms. The 6 digit code (Time-based One-time Password, or TOTP) in the app will refresh every 30 seconds and serves as a backup authentication method in case you are in an area where push notifications are not available.