Step 2: Adding Email Content
The goal of this document is to walk you through the process of adding and editing email content.
Navigating the Content Area
The Content Area can be broken into four different sections:
- Content Tools: this is where you will find blocks, preset layouts, and draft layouts.
- Email Subject and Preheader
- Email Canvas: where you build your email content.
- View Toggle: allows you to view the email canvas as either a desktop or mobile device.
Use content tools to customize your email messages. Tools consist of blocks and preset or blank layouts.
Blocks are used to customize and add content to your layout. A wide range of content blocks are available to use, including Text, Image, Text + Image, Button, Social Share, and Image Carousel.
Drag and drop blocks onto your layout in Email Canvas.
This tab gives you access to your chapter uploaded content (such as images) as well as preset layouts (known as chapter content areas).
Chapter Uploaded Content
To access your chapter content:
- Click on the Content tab, select Folders, then select SHARED.
- Locate your chapter's image folder. You are able to drag and drop images onto a image block or image carousel.
Preset Chapter Content Areas
Several content areas have been created that already contain Team RWB Branding. Use these layouts to customize your email canvas .
To access the chapter content areas:
- Click on the Content tab, select Folders, the select Saved. This will bring up the Shared Folders.
- Select Chapter Content Areas under Shared content. You are able to drag and drop layouts onto your email canvas.
Customize Email Canvas
Use the blocks to create compelling content for your email message. Here are the basics steps:
- Drag blocks to create content in your email
- Click Content to select existing content to add to your email. Use search to find saved content and drag the content directly from search
- Click Layouts to drag a grouping of blocks to the canvas
- When you begin to create content, you have the option to choose the default font size for the content box. You can change the font for all or part of the text in the content box when you are entering the text. Note that the fonts and sizes available in the text editor are the only ones that are web-safe, web-ready, and spam-safe
- To save a content block click on the content block you want to save
Click on “Save Block”; You may save the content block you are working on or the entire Layout that would include the content block you are updating along with any other content blocks within the Layout:
- Create New if this is the first time you’re saving the content block
- Update Existing if you have made changes to the content and you want to resave the content block with those new changes
- You don't have to save every block created. Once done with content, click Done Editing
Use the Image Content block to add images to your email. You can insert these file types: JPEG, PNG, GIF, and AMPscript.
- Select the image block.
- Click Browse.
3. Navigate to your chapter's "Images" folder.
4. To upload or drag an image:
- Click Browse | Create.
- Drag images to the canvas or click Upload and select images from your computer.
- Click Upload and Publish.
- Click Done Editing.
- Highlight the text that you want to be formatted as a hyperlink.
- Click the links icon to open the Insert Link window.
From the Link To dropdown box, choose the type of hyperlink; then complete the fields accordingly.
- Website: Enter the URL of the web site, without the preceding http:// (which inserts automatically).
- Secure Website: If the web site address begins with https://, select this type and enter the URL (again, without the preceding https://).
- Email Address: Enter the full email address (the HTML code mailto: inserts automatically) and subject line of the email.
- Other: Enter a value that does not match the other types, such as a personalization string. For example, if you have an attribute that contains a URL, you can insert the personalization string to use the personalized URL for each subscriber.
- Keep the conversion tracking unchecked.
- Enter descriptive text in the Link Tooltip field. This text appears when a subscriber hovers over the text or image.
- Enter a descriptive name in the Tracking Alias field. When you view the tracking results, the tracking alias appears in the results. If no link name is specified, then what you entered in the Address field appears in the tracking results.
Make your email more welcoming and personal by using Personalization codes.
- Open the content you want to insert a personalization string.
- Place your cursor where you want the personalization to appear.
- Select on the toolbar or type in the personalization string.